Let's Talk Farming

Let’s Talk Farming/ With what I said yesterday, I also want to make it clear that each type of production is important for agriculture. We need the multi-generational farms and ranches. The large corporations. Organic crops and dairies. Hobby farms. Local farmer’s markets.

IMG_8133.JPG




In 2008, a survey read that agriculture is LESS THAN 2% of the United States population. We need to be grateful to each sector of the industry because that is a lot of food to produce each year to feed the other 98%.

There are foods that are grown on our family farm that I’m allergic to: hazelnuts, corn, wheat. I can’t have cow’s milk yogurt, but I can have goat’s milk yogurt. As one person in the entire population, I count on the different sectors of agriculture in order to nourish my body. 
___

Do you pay attention to all the different ways your food is grown? And have you talked to a farmer or rancher about what you’ve read on the internet? We want to talk to you!

Laney Brentano